Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wedding Story


The cake has been delivered to the hotel. The vicar has taken us through the latest version of the Anglican wedding ceremony - I no longer say that I give the bride away but intimate it by transferring my daughter's right hand into the bridegroom's. My wife has bought me a new suit, shirt, tie, socks, shoes and vest, I put my foot down at a thermal one, but I have successfully negotiated to wear my old underpants on the grounds that no one will see them.

I have reassured the bridegroom who has turned a funny colour and admired my wife's new outfit, including the hat. The purchase of a hat required a tour of the shops of Kent that made the search for the North West passage look like a game of hunt the slipper at the brownies.

The hysteria of the female members of my family has reached escape velocity. The crisis of the chief bridesmaid's shoes, the chief bridesmaid being No.2 daughter, has been solved with the purchase of a fifth pair.

My wife and daughters have examined my speech and redacted it - hah, like that will stop me.

My daughter has produced a Project Plan on Excel listing the timing of the events of the day broken down by person with targets and milestones. Eisenhower could have used her help for D Day but currently she is unavailable for tomorrow is W Day.

Wish us luck.

John

10 comments:

C Kelsey said...

Good luck! And congratulations to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Long may it last.

Amanda Green said...

Good luck, congrats and a happy future to the newlyweds!

Rowena Cory Daniells said...

LOL, John.

One needs to keep a sense at humour in these times. Looks like you are doing fine.

All the best for your family.

Ori Pomerantz said...

Mazal Tov!

Anonymous said...

Yaaay for your family! Good luck to all on that important day.

John Lambshead said...

Thanks for everybody's good wishes. It was a wondeful day.I have posted a few early pictures on my other site:

http://johnstoysoldiers.blogspot.com/

John

Anonymous said...

That's enough to make me happy I have all male children. I'll get off cheap, should they ever get married.

BTW, I like Tarzan, he looks like he's fought he way through hordes of purple blooded space monsters. He's not just another Jungle Hunk. ;)

John Lambshead said...

More pics here:
http://www.davidfenwick.co.uk/wedding-photography/rainham-medway/

John

John Lambshead said...

Dear Pam

Perhaps I ought to post a pic of Jane!

john