Sunday, May 1, 2011

And the winner is. . . .

Drum roll please. . . .

Stephen Simmons.

Steve, email me or leave a comment here about what prize you want. You can have any two e-titles from NRP or one print novel (Nocturnal Origins, Impaler, Death of a Musketeer, or The Calvanni by Chris McMahon).

Congrats to Steve and thanks to everyone who entered. You really made it hard for the judges to decide a winner.

So here's the question. . . Would you like to see more contests on MGC? If so, what sort?

(Sarah said to tell you she has t-shirts with the world's worst cover, guaranteed to become collectors items, she'll be glad to donate to the cause.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stephen.

Err, which story won?

(I liked the aliens best.)

Deb

Chris Large said...

I don't mind comps, so long as they're fun. Can't guarantee I'll always have the time to enter though.

Amanda Green said...

Deb, he won for the alien story.

Steve, I forgot one print book option -- Dave's middle grade/early YA "Without a Trace"

Amanda Green said...

Chris L, fun is always the key with me -- and I certainly understand the time constraint.

Stephen Simmons said...

Wow, thanks. I figured several of teh otehrs were likely to beat me.

The alien story has real potential, as soon as I figure out whether it wants to be a story or a novel. Since I posted it, I've figured out why they came, and why Mom is in the asylum ...

Is there any chance of getting an autographed "Nocturnal Origins"? I'm trying to push myself into sampling more UF-type stories, and the snippets from that one that you've posted look *really* good. Plus, my wife already expressed interest in that one, so we both win. :-)

Amanda Green said...

Stephen, it is more than possible. Email me off-blog with a mailing address and we'll get it set up for you.

And, btw, I want to see what you do with the story.