Saturday, May 7, 2011

Go Read

Today is Amanda Green's day to publicize herself, but she is going to be busy away from the computer all day, so she asked me to do something. I have no idea what she meant by "something" and she knows I suck at internet comedy routines and if I tried to dance on tables, the tables would probably break. Then, since the table at Mad Genius Club is owned in common and sort of round (well, it would be round, but since three of our members are in Australia, it turns into kind of a weird shape as it crosses the space/time continuum and... well... read And He Build A Crooked House (Heinlein's, not Christie's) for reference as to shape and perils) trust me when I say my attempting to dance on it and breaking it might bring about the end end of the universe as we know it.

So, instead, I'm going to encourage you to go read Amanda's novel, Nocturnal Origins, out from Naked reader press.

This is a review for the book: http://shinybookreview.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/amanda-greens-nocturnal-origins-is-quick-smart-and-sometimes-shocking/

And you can buy it here: http://nakedreader.com/joomla15/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=39&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=11

If you need it, you also have my personal recommendation. I've now read the book three times, which is a rare compliment, as I seldom read anything but my "comfort books" more than once.

Amanda has made noises about writing a sequel, and trust me you want to encourage this by bumping up her numbers. Now, go and read. And be glad I didn't dance on tables.

13 comments:

Kate Paulk said...

I second Sarah's order. You want to buy Nocturnal Origins. You want to read Nocturnal Origins. And you want to buy copies for all your friends, too.

Stephen Simmons said...

My autographed dead-tree-copy is on its way to me. Now I just need to heal enough to go without pain meds long enough to read it. I'm not wasting Amanda's work on narco-brain. Of course, it has to get in line behind the second half of "Death of a Musketeer", and a serious ttempt at "Impaler" ...

On the bright side, I felt well enough (and coherent enough) to pu together close to a thousand words on the current funny story this morning. :-)

MataPam said...

Yep. Tres. One for my mother, one for a sister and one for me.

Kate, I can't find Impaler in paper, am I just jumping the gun or does Amazon not carry it?

Amanda Green said...

Sarah, thanks for covering for me...I also appreciate the hawking of the book. And yes, I am wanting to do the sequel. And that means I need the numbers to stay where they've been or get better. Me, I'd like them to get better ;-)

Amanda Green said...

Steve, I should be getting your copy Monday or so. If there's anything special you want me to do with the signature, let me know via email. Otherwise, you should have it in your hands the end of the week -- assuming USPS takes the direct route.

Amanda Green said...

Pam,

Impaler's not out in paper yet. It is in the works. We should have proofs this week some. It usually takes a week or two after that for it to become available for purchase.

MataPam said...

I figured that was the case, But I had to jump through a few hoops to find NO in paper, so I thought I'd ask.

Amanda Green said...

Pam, what hoops? Once it went live on Amazon, I haven't heard of any problems. It is taking longer to hit BN and other outlets, but we expected that

MataPam said...

When I searched by your name, only the kindle version came up. When I went for paperback it disapeared altogether. I searched again by title, and there it was. Beats me why it didn't show up on the first search. Perhaps because the last couple of things I bought were Kindle? Too much prediction on their search engine? (Trying to hide my anthropomorphized explaination)

Amanda Green said...

Pam, who knows. I admit their auto-complete and recommendations are odd to say the least. Also, a lot of times when I type in an author's name, I will get their books, but also the books of half a dozen, or more, other authors with very different names. So it becomes a matter of wading through the junk to find the treasure I was looking for.

Now, back to today's blog...after more coffee

Hayesjohnson93 said...


super mario run game

motorcycle trials training

siva said...

This is the most impressive article, thanks for sharing this information with us. Awesome work, I appreciate your work.
real estate in chennai Great story….Keep on sharing… Thanks

Anonymous said...


https://hipolink.me/dailycontributors